The Mono Cog Blog
One God, one cog, one blog.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Hate Crimes

Don't get caught up in all this "hate is bad" stuff going around these days.

Amos 5
21   I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
22   Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.
23   Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.

Revelation 2
15   So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Proverbs 8
13   The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Psalm 101
3   I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Psalm 119
128   Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.


Be careful about condemning hatred.


Psalm 11
5   The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

2 comments:

  1. I like these verses, too:


    <i>Psalms 139:21-22 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.</i>


    So it isn't wrong to hate people. If it's for the right reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is hatred for a group, not an individual. I hate bartenders as a group because the serve alcohol, but I don't hate the individual bartender. The Lord told us to love our enemies.

    ReplyDelete