The Mono Cog Blog
One God, one cog, one blog.

Monday, October 20, 2008

A few years back I saw that my brother in law had a bike with out gears.  No derailleur, no shifter, no cables stretching from front to back.  Just a bike, wheels, chain, pedals and brakes.  I commented to him about his one speed bike.  “Singlespeed” he commented back.  Now it was a fat, knobby tired bicycle, one you take off road in the hills.  I thought, “what a way to torture yourself”.  Go ahead in time.  I now own a Redline Monocog.  I have had that bicycle for over 3 years.  Off road, in the hills, no shifting, just ride it, or sometimes walk it, if the trail is too steep. But there is where we get the name for this blog, and as the title says, it’s all about one.  Do you monocog?  New words are invented for new activities.  What exactly does it mean to ‘monocog’?  Stick around and you may just find out.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting!!.. I had mono once, that was no fun..


    KM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did Monocog Man. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are missing something here. Those gears can make it so much easier to climb those hills, and then on the flats you can really get to hauling the mail. I just think you are missing out on so much fun in cycling by limiting yourself like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to spruce up your blog. How about a pic of that monocog? And a pic of that gruesome leg injury. Whatever you do, don't try to jump any brick walls with your monocog.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dad!

    Just saying hi since I'm on and you have a post. (-:

    ReplyDelete