The Mono Cog Blog
One God, one cog, one blog.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This one thing I know

Jesus healed a blind man in John 9. When the blind man was confronted about it by the religious leaders of this day, he simply gave this response.

"One thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see."

Salvation is compared in this account to the giving of sight to a blind man.  That sight is dealing with spiritual matters.  That sight allows one to see what the Lord is saying in the Bible, while those that are blinded cannot understand Bible truth.

I Cor 2
14   But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You can give all kinds of excuses for why you don't understand the Bible, and therefore don't read it, but the real excuse is the fact that it is spiritual blindness.  That is a blindness caused by your sins. 

The Lord Jesus can take away those sins, and save your soul, and give sight to the blind.

In Luke 4:18, Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised."

I may not know a lot, but as that blind man said, I was spiritually blind, but now because of the saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, I can see.

John 3
3   Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

2 comments:

  1. Who told on me???!! This prob why I had such a horrible day homeschooling. I forgot to get my devotions done this morning.. ugh..


    Mrs. McKinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might like to get a comment, you know, some moral support. And what better person to get it from than your most avid fan? Good job on this post, Pastor. :o)

    Your devoted wife.

    ReplyDelete