The Mono Cog Blog
One God, one cog, one blog.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Half way update

I left out one rule when giving the breakdown of this year's race with my Dad. We can not ask each other for a mileage total until the 15th of the month, and then only 3 requests are allowed during that last half of the month. So yesterday my Dad called with his mileage request. The totals as of 3pm CST on the 15th were -

Dad - 595 miles
Monocogman - 292.7, which multiplied by 3 gives me 878.1

Thus my lead as of 3pm CST on the 15th was 283.1 miles.

When we planned this race in August, and thus agreed to the rules, we had no idea there would be such warm weather conditions in MN for January. Four of the first ten days had record highs here, so with no snow on the roads, it made for some almost too easy to get miles. But I will take them, winter could show up and slow things down any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment