The Mono Cog Blog
One God, one cog, one blog.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ride Report

So due to this goofy race, I am riding in temps that would cause most sane people stay inside and read a good book.  Late yesterday afternoon I had a flat tire, so I changed the tube, which normally is an easy job, but when it is 10 degrees out with a little breeze, the fun factor increases.  I rode another three miles after that and the tire went flat again.  Now it is dark, due to lost time on the previous flat.  Should have been home by now.  No chance to figure out where the flats are and patch them due to the darkness. (wasn't planning to be out late, so did not bring a light)  But adding to the fun was the fact I forgot my cell phone.  So now I had a 2.5 mile walk home.

So upon checking out the two tubes for flats at home, I find that they both have cracked at the stem. Both on the same day, within 3 miles of each other.  Hmmm, does my day have someone here in MN sabotaging my bicycles?

It could be an interesting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment